Passwords provide the first line of defense against unauthorized access to your computer and personal information. The stronger your password, the more protected your computer will be from hackers and malicious software. You should maintain strong passwords for all accounts on your computer.
These password requirements are as follows:
- At least twelve (12) characters
- A combination of both uppercase and lowercase letters
- A mixture of letters and numbers
- Inclusion of at least one special character, e.g., !@#?
Whether you are using Sandata Agency Management, Sandata Mobile Connect, Sandata EVV or Sandata I/DD, we recommend a regular schedule to update your password. Not just your Sandata passwords, but all of your passwords. Here are some common pitfalls to avoid:
- Short, weak passwords – easier to remember for you, easier to crack for someone else
- Using the same password over and over – once someone has access to one, they have access to all
- Browser based password management is not secure – consider using a password manager to protect against phishing attacks.
In addition, remember these important tips to ensure your data is secure:
- Never share your password with anyone. This includes co-workers, friends, or relatives.
- Beware of phishing emails that attempt to lure you to malicious websites.
- Watch for email notifications about your password changing. If you did not change your password, please check with your helpdesk team immediately.
- Never respond to an email request for your username and password, or any other request to ‘verify’ your account.
For more information on password resets by product, log into Sandata on Demand (SoD) by going to the following web address: sandata.zendesk.com