This article will help you to:
- Understand a general overview of the 21st Century Cures Act
- Identify EVV applicable billing codes
The attached PowerPoint presentation provides an overview of the following topics in regards to the 21st Century Cures Act:
How does Section 12006 of the Cures Act impact HCBS programs?
- The Cures Act mandates that states require EVV use for Medicaid-funded Personal Care Services (PCS) and Home Health Care Services (HHCS) for in-home visits by a provider.
- Section 12006 of the Cures Act was signed into law on December 13, 2016,and added
section 1903(l) to the Social Security Act (the Act).
- The requirement covers all 50 states including the District of Columbia, as well as the
territories of Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands, Guam, the Northern Mariana Islands, and
Click on the article below to download and open it.
Last Updated: May 2021, JLO Last Reviewed: May 2021, JLO